Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tribute to Terri


It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. A very dear friend passed away earlier this month after a 6 year battle with breast cancer. She was only 54. Ladies, please, please do your self exams and all you can to learn the signs to watch for to stop this dread disease. I am sure most of you know someone who have been affected by cancer. Terri was a vivacious, lovely woman who raised her natural children to adulthood, then adopted another child later in life. Her courage will be remembered by all those who knew her. Her laugh was melodic and her steel blue eyes piercing when she thought you were off track. I will miss her dearly.
I painted a very angry painting of her at the end. She may have lost her hair, but not her dignity nor those beautiful eyes. I will be painting a tribute picture of her for her family when some of the anger dies down.
Here also is my newest piece which was an experiment. I am pleased with the results.
As always, my work is for sale. Leave me a comment and I will get back to you.
Peace to all....tell those you love what they mean to you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy Making any $$$ on your art.

John Strumph gave me a bad email address for you. ladyluvgeorgiaconcast.net

Kelley Swinney
texasnatureimages.com
texasimages1@sbcglobal.net

DMG said...

I'm so sorry for you loss, Kathy. I'm a Kathy too, and it seems that we are neighbors. My husband is a cancer survivor because his was detected early, and I always preach the importance of self-exams for women and regular screenings for men. Your friend sounds so wonderful. I'm thinking about you and looking forward to seeing your tribute.

MinervasMadness said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. Cathy

DMG said...

She is very beautiful i a wry, fun way. Your love for her is evident in your work.