Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Thanks!

To all of you courageous men and women, past and present, who believe in fighting for our country and our freedom, my heartfelt thanks to you all. I had two Uncles who both served in the Korean War. I still remember after almost 50 years the tears in my Grandfather's eyes as he sent his two sons off to war so far away. My father's Father was a Navy diver in the old bell style diving suit during World War I. My father-in-law and his brother both served in World War II. The bravery of our troops should be something we think of every day, not just on their special day.
So as we all prepare to enjoy an extra day off from our workweek and our barbecues, take time to remember the real reason you are having a holiday. God Bless our Troops!

No comments: